Monday, February 6, 2012

Famished Phantoms

Every once in a while we get to experience a great landmark in local music here in our city. Saturday night we had Hungry Ghosts. Releasing their EP2 at Backstage in Central was a big success. The place was packed out (and with good reason). With opening acts like Corey Tam and The One Horse Town, Modern Children and More Reverb it was a quality night of sound. Hungry Ghosts were nothing short of mind-blowing (I was with two Ghost-virgins to prove it).

EP2. If you missed the show this is a must own.

As always Corey Tam was spot on. I kept realizing what a superb song writer he is. A little jealous. Hate you and love you Corey.

Because I'm pretty slack ass when it comes to fully paying attention to anything, I left mid-show to get some 711 beers with Shawn and he showed me some songs from the upcoming David Bowie Knives CD. I must say I am sooo EFFing excited for that bomb to drop!





Hungry Ghosts EP2 is the culmination of years of hard work. Listening to it non-stop today I can see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment